Modern Watercolor Botanicals
Modern Watercolor Botanicals: A Creative Workshop in Watercolor, Gouache, & Ink explores the wonderful world of watercolor and introduces the modern incorporation of gouache and ink into your artistic repertoire for hours of creative engagement and enjoyment. Available in a softcover paperback, or a hardcover, coil-bound workbook.
Each botanically-based lesson offers instruction at three different skill levels: beginner, intermediate, and advanced. Learn to paint eucalyptus wreaths, shape olive branches, detail wildflowers, tint fine-lined blooms, shade tropical leaves, and more!
Lessons in Modern Watercolor Botanicals include:
- Instruction for three different skill levels: beginner, intermediate, and advanced
- Easy-to-understand diagrams, pictures, and instructions
- Each lesson builds upon skills learned in the previous lessons
- Over 100 pieces of traceable artwork, no drawing experience required
- An innovative approach to composition and color theory, with practical application
- Lessons that promote focus and mindfulness as you create to reduce the stress of daily life and enhance enjoyment of the artistic process
- All you need to know to create frame-worthy masterpieces and thoughtful gifts
- Prompts, challenges and ideas to take your creativity to the next level
Sarah’s extensive teaching experience shines in each page of Modern Watercolor Botanicals, with advice to answer the questions common to watercolor artists at all levels:
- What tools do I need?
- How do I mix interesting colors?
- How do I create shape, movement, and definition in my piece?
- How do I find my own creative style?
Delve into Modern Watercolor Botanicals to develop your skills and form your own unique artistic approach in the world of modern watercolors!
About Sarah Simon:
Sarah Simon is the internationally acclaimed artist, educator, and best-selling author known as The Mint Gardener. Inspired by the abundance of natural beauty on her Seattle-based urban farm, Sarah creates beloved watercolours and teaches thousands of others the joy of creating every day. You can find Sarah on Instagram, @themintgardener or online at themintgardener.com