Our flat shipping fees and free shipping deal ($150 before tax) do not apply in the following circumstances:
- • Orders that contain oversized or heavy items (such as easels, presses, large canvases).
- • Orders large enough to require multiple boxes.
- • Orders going to locations that a freight company considers less accessible.
- • A/R accounts.
- • Priority shipping options of various carriers.
Please read on for further details.
Shipping Rates Canada
Flat rates are charged at checkout. Exact freight is calculated when the order is packed, and you will be contacted if there is extra cost. Surcharges are beyond our control and are caused by several factors(read further for more details).
- AB, BC, SK – $17
- MB, ON, QC – $22
- NB, NS, PE, NL – $22
- YT, NT, NU – $22
Our standard shipping is based on the dollar value of your order, before tax. The rate and delivery time will vary depending on where your package is traveling to in Canada. You will be contacted within 1- 2 business days if there are shortages or back-ordered items.
The majority of our orders are shipped via Canada Post. We may also use Canpar, Purolator, or Loomis when price or service proves a better option. With delivery via our standard shipping option, you can expect your order to arrive in 1- 3 business days within Alberta. Orders outside of Alberta usually take 3- 9 business days; however, some rural or remote areas may take longer. Buffalo Air Express is often a good option for fast delivery to the northern Territories.
If you prefer an alternative carrier for your package, please telephone us toll-free within Canada at 1.800.363.0546 to place your order.
Shipping Rates USA
Do you have an urgent deadline? Please call us at 1.800.363.0546.
Our website prices are listed in Canadian dollars.( See the current exchange rates )The flat rates for shipping are:
- United States(North/ West)- $22
- United States(East/ South)- $27
Our free shipping deal is not honoured for U.S. orders. Shipping costs may exceed the flat shipping rates for the same reasons as a Canadian order(see below). We will contact you if additional charges apply. Customers are responsible for additional charges such as duties and brokerage deemed by customs of the country of destination.
Free Shipping Exceptions and Things to Consider
Our free freight policy remains for orders over $150(before tax), unless the carrier’s surcharges exceed our flat shipping rates in Canada.
In the event your order exceeds our allowances, your freight will be calculated as follows:
• (freight cost) – (shipping fee of your province) = (amount owing before tax)
Things That Will Affect Freight Cost
Small inexpensive items like nibs, watercolour pans, or markers may be able to be shipped via letter mail. Call us if you have questions. Shipping via envelope and bubble wrap envelope is still risky. Letter mail is not trackable and packaging may not provide enough protection.
High volume orders (particularly with gallons of paints, and multiple sketchbooks or stretched canvases) will need multiple boxes. An order that contains something delicate (like flat packed paper) with something heavier might need to be packed in more than one box.
Orders that are flat packed paper might not weigh much, but its dimensions are larger than usual.
Orders that contain heavy or oversized items. This includes but is not limited to: gallons of paint or resin, canvases, easels, printing presses, and clay. Depending on the dimensions of an order, carrier services may apply an oversize fee to the freight cost.
Shipping companies will apply additional cost to places they consider remote or less accessible. This can include orders shipped to an island, rural route, or to places far from shipping hubs. Often, remote locations can be identified by postal codes containing 0’s.
We are located in Edmonton, Alberta. An order will generally cost more to ship the farther out of province it goes.
In-Store Only Items
Some items are only available in store only and not available for delivery. This exception includes the following:
- Frames with glass: Couriers will not be responsible for glass. Tables with glass tops are highly susceptible to breakage during shipping.
- Stretched canvas larger than 30″x40″: We do not ship sizes larger than 30×40″ as these sizes are frequently damaged in transit. We recommend that you order bulk rolls of canvas and stretcher bars. It is a more cost-effective option than to pay for oversize shipping charges and risk damage.
- Hazardous materials: Spray paint, spray varnishes, and solvents can be shipped only by ground.
- Freeze sensitive products: While most paints can handle a few freeze-thaw cycles, latex-based products such as mold-making latex and watercolour masking fluid will not survive being frozen. Other freeze risk items include: most Pebeo products, some glass bottles, ink cartridge refills, and some inks. We will ship these items if we receive written acceptance of the financial cost in case of damage.
- Plaster sculptures: The sculptures are very fragile and are only available for in-store pick-up.
- Paper sheets: We ask for a minimum order of 20 sheets. We do endeavour to package your orders to ensure they arrive safely and without damage, but small quantities of paper are fragile and may not survive their journey. Thin papers such as washi, tracing, vellums, films may be rolled to ensure they arrive to you undented.
If you have any questions regarding these shipping exceptions or other concerns, please contact our order desk at 1.800.363.0546 or e-mail us at email@example.com.