Speedball Block Print Ink for Fabric
Speedball Fabric Block Printing Ink prints on a range of fabrics as well as paper, with bold, opaque colors. They dry to the touch overnight, and remain permanent through the wash, with NO HEAT SET REQUIRED! Use these inks with lino blocks for oil-based ink such as the pink Speedball Speedy Carve blocks or pink Blum blocks.
- Excellent on cotton, polyester blends, linen, paper and rayon, as well as other synthetic fibers.
- Fabric prints are ready for the wash 4 – 7 days after ink is dry and will remain permanent through the wash.
- Ink won’t crack or peel over time!
- Clean up easily with soap and water
- Available in 14 colors! (transparent base available in 75ml)
- Available in 75 ml or 150 ml tubes, a six colour set or a Fabric Block Printing Kit!
Introduction to Block Printing on Fabric
Block Print a Repeating Design onto Fabric
Printing Wearable Art onto Fabric
Inspiration for School Teachers and Community Projects
SPEEDBALL’S NEW FABRIC BLOCK PRINT INK AT THE GOLDSTEIN MUSEUM OF DESIGN – Over 50 students were able to enjoy a hands-on experience with block printing using Speedball’s new fabric block printing ink. Learn More
Fabric Block Printing Inks FAQs
- On what fabrics can I print using Speedball’s Fabric Block Print Inks? Smooth fabrics that do not possess a heavy texture or stretch are best for use with Speedball’s Fabric Block Printing Inks. Cotton, Linen, Broadcloth & Denim are examples of ideal fabrics for use. Nylon and canvas are not recommended for use with this ink.
- How long do Speedball’s Fabric Block Printing Inks take to dry on fabric? Speedball Fabric Block Printing Inks will dry to the touch overnight.
- How long until Speedball Fabric Block Printing Ink is permanent on fabrics? Depending on climate, we recommend waiting 4-7 days before washing fabrics after using Fabric Block Print Inks.
- What does water washable oil mean? While formulated to possess the working properties of oil-based inks (permanence, tack, etc.), Speedball’s Fabric Block Printing Ink is easily cleaned up with soap and water.
- What is the open time for Speedball Fabric Block Printing Inks? These inks have an open time that is similar to that of Speedball’s Water-Soluble Block Print Ink.
- What surfaces can I use with Speedball’s Fabric Block Printing Inks? These inks are ideal for printing with linoleum, wood or soft block surfaces.
- What brayers are recommended for use with Speedball’s Fabric Block Print Inks? Soft Rubber Brayers are ideal for use with Fabric Block Printing Ink.