Speedball FLEX Fabric Screen Printing Ink
Want to print on dark fabric? High Opacity, Maximum Flexibility, Soft Hand, Permanent, and a Limitless Palette. Speedball Flex Fabric Screen Printing Inks are an advanced water-based ink designed to be flexible across a variety of materials. Create your own signature colors by mixing FLEX Inks.
Select from Color Chart Below
- High Opacity: Inks deliver bold, rich color whether printing on light or dark fabrics
- Maximum Flexibility: Ideal for use on cotton, polyester, rayon, and synthetic fibers while resisting cracking or peeling when fabric is stretched or pulled
- Soft Hand: Fabric remains soft to the touch
- Permanent: When properly heat set, inks maintain rich, vibrant color for life of the garment
- Limitless Palette: Create your own signature palette by mixing any FLEX Inks
- Drying Time: For best results, all projects should be allowed to dry overnight prior to heat setting. Rushing the drying process may lead to issues such as under-cured ink, poor adhesion, or ink cracking after washing.
- Heat Setting: Please see the fabric types below to determine the recommended temperature and time to properly heat set your project.
- 100% Cotton: 300° for 1 minute
- Tri-blends: 300° for 1 minute
- Polyester blends: 300° for 40 seconds
Always use a piece of parchment paper to cover your printed project when heat setting whether doing so with a heat press or iron. This will prevent the ink from sticking to the heating element and to ensure even heat distribution. Use of alternative paper (e.g. copy paper, etc.) is NOT recommended.
- Color Mixing: Speedball FLEX Inks are not pure process colors. This guarantees highly opaque performance, but will require artists to experiment when developing their own custom palettes.