Speedball Ultimate Fabric Block Print Kit
This set has been discontinued by Speedball. Get it while it Lasts! Block print on fabric and paper with the Speedball Ultimate Fabric Block Printing Kit! This kit contains everything you need to create beautiful block prints on fabric.
- 1.25 oz. Fabric Block Printing Ink (Black and White)
- 4” Pop-In Soft Rubber Brayer
- Bench Hook/Inking Plate
- Lino Handle (Red)
- #1, #2, #3 and #5 Lino Cutters
- 4” x 5” Mounted Linoleum Block
- 3” x 4” Speedy-Carve Block
- Red Baron™ Baren
- 1 oz. Pink Soap
- Instructional DVD and Booklet.
- Also includes (5) sheets of printing paper for test prints.
Speedball Block Print Ink for Fabric
Speedball Fabric Block Printing Ink prints on a range of fabrics as well as paper with bold, opaque colors. They dry to the touch overnight, and remain permanent through the wash, with NO HEAT SET REQUIRED! Use these inks with lino blocks for oil-based ink such as the pink Speedball Speedy Carve blocks or pink Blum blocks.
- Excellent on cotton, polyester blends, linen, paper, and rayon, as well as other synthetic fibers.
- Are ready for the wash 4 – 7 days after ink is dry and will remain permanent through the wash.
- Ink won’t crack or peel over time!
- Clean up easily with soap and water
- Available in 14 colors! (transparent base available in 75ml)
- Available in 75 ml or 150 ml tubes, a six colour set or this Fabric Block Printing Kit!
Introduction to Block Printing on Fabric
Block Print a Repeating Design onto Fabric
Printing Wearable Art onto Fabric
Fabric Block Printing FAQs
- On what fabrics can I print using Speedball’s Fabric Block Printing Inks? Smooth fabrics that do not possess a heavy texture or stretch are best for use with Speedball’s Fabric Block Printing Inks. Cotton, Linen, Broadcloth & Denim are examples of ideal fabrics for use. We do not recommend nylon or canvas for use with this ink.
- How long do Speedball’s Fabric Block Printing Inks take to dry on fabric? Speedball Fabric Block Printing Inks will dry to the touch overnight.
- How long do I have to wait for Speedball’s Fabric Block Printing Inks to become permanent on fabric? Depending on your climate, we recommend waiting 4-7 days before washing your fabrics after printing with Fabric Block Printing Ink.
- What does water-washable oil mean? While formulated to possess the working properties of oil-based inks (permanence, tack, etc.), Speedball’s Fabric Block Printing Ink is easily cleaned up with soap and water.
- What is the open time for Speedball Fabric Block Printing Ink? These inks have an open time that is similar to that of Speedball’s Water-Soluble Block Print Ink.
- What surfaces can I use with Speedball’s Fabric Block Printing Inks? These inks are ideal for printing with linoleum, wood or soft block surfaces.
- What brayers are recommended for use with Speedball’s Fabric Block Printing Ink? Soft Rubber Brayers are ideal for use with Fabric Block Printing Ink.