Super Value Block Printing Starter Kit
This Block Print set is the ideal kit for the beginner block printer. The Super Value Block Printing Starter Kit features all the essentials to get stared in block printing.
(1) each of the following: 1.25oz. Water-Soluble Block Printing Ink (Black); 4” Pop-In Soft Rubber Brayer; Lino Handle (Red); #1, #2, and #5 Lino Cutters; 4”x6” Speedy-Carve™ Block as well as a Speedball Block Printing Instruction Booklet.
Fabric Block Printing Ink FAQs
- On what fabric can I print with Speedball’s Fabric Block Print Ink. Smooth fabric that doesn’t have stretch or heavy texture is best for Speedball’s Fabric Block Printing Inks. Cotton, Linen, Broadcloth and Denim are examples of ideal fabrics. We do not recommend nylon or canvas for use with this ink.
- How long do Fabric Block Printing Inks take to dry on fabric. Speedball Fabric Block Printing Inks will dry to the touch overnight.
- How long until Fabric Ink is permanent on fabric. Depending on your climate, we recommend waiting 4-7 days before washing fabric after printing with Fabric Block Printing Ink.
- What does water washable oil mean? While formulated to possess the working properties of oil-based inks, Speedball’s Fabric Block Printing Ink is easily cleaned up with soap and water.
- What is the open time for Speedball Fabric Block Printing Ink. These inks have an open time similar to Speedball’s Water-Soluble Block Print Ink.
- What modifiers are available for these Fabric Block Print Inks? The Speedball Fabric Block Printing Transparent Extender is available for creating transparent color, while maintaining viscosity.
- What surfaces can I use with Speedball Fabric Block Printing Ink? These inks are ideal for printing with linoleum, wood or soft block surfaces.
- What brayers are recommended for use with Fabric Block Printing Inks? Soft Rubber Brayers are ideal for use with this Fabric Block print Ink, however you may also use a hard brayer.