Schmincke Linoprint Ready to Use Binder
Do you want to make your own block print ink? This convenient lino binder is ready to use to mix your own high definition linoprint ink. Thankfully, all the chemistry, longevity and quality has been figured out for you by Schmincke. Consequently, all you need to do is add the dry pigment. Read our blog post for more tips and practical videos.
- Linoprint binder “ready to use” is ready to use, but you can dilute it with water if necessary.
- First, grind a teaspoonful of pigment and a small amount of linoprint binder with a palette knife or paint knife. Try grinding with a glass muller on a thick glass palette or a flat glazed tile for best results. Be sure to grind the lino paint into a smooth paste, leaving no clumps.
- The mixing ratio of binder to pigment very much depends on the type of pigment used. Start off with approx. 2 part binder to 1 part pigment (by weight). Depending on the pigment, add more binder or more pigment to achieve the required consistency. The right proportions are reached when dried streaks of paint have a smooth surface and do not come off when rubbed with the dry heel of the hand.
- The product is water mixable and also remains water soluble after drying.
- Printing plates and tools like glass plates, as well as rubber rollers, printing knives or brushes are able to be cleaned easily with water.
Check out this Schmincke Lino Project idea