You’ve always loved stained glass… Why not make it yourself? With its Vitrail transparent colours, Pebeo makes this splendid art accessible to all. You can easily imitate the lead strips of stained glass windows using self adhesive lead strips, combined with transparent colours to create astonishingly beautiful light effects. And for amazing opaque effects, try the Vitrail opale colours.
Vitrail colours are transparent, intense and very bright. The solvent based, ready-to-use colours level out and brush strokes will disappear adding to the illusion of stain glass. Colours can be mixed together and have good lightfastness.
Pébéo’s Vitrail colours are applied with a brush to all carefully degreased transparent surfaces: glass, acetate, polyester, plexiglass. The “antique” Vitrail colours are dense and very transparent. The decorated surface has good hardness.
To imitate stained glass, use the Vitrail colours with the Cerne Relief outliners. They are applied directly from the tube with nozzle before applying the Vitrail colours. The Vitrail colours may also be used with the bath technique. Always clean brushes thoroughly with white spirit or odourless mineral spirit, then rinse with soapy water
Pébéo Mixed Media Tips by Pébéo.
Before using the Gédéo Glazing Resin, it is recommended to apply a coat of Bindex (8 hours drying on completely dry Vitrail colours (72 hours minimum).
- Drying: 2 hour to the touch , completely dry after 10 hours. Drying times can vary depending on the thickness of the application, and the temperature and humidity of the room where the product is applied. SURFACES: Glass, polyester, acetate…
- Thinner: Odourless mineral spirit or white spirit.
- Caring (decorated surfaces): After drying, the colour bear a light wash without soaking. Resistant to glass cleaner. The objects decorated with Vitrail colours should not be considered for practical usage, but only intended for decorative purposes.
- Brush Cleaning: Odourless mineral spirit or white spirit then rinse with soap and water.
- Packaging: 250ml bottle – all colours.