Up to 100 artists may be selected to create a painting in the parkade at the Louvre in Century Park in south Edmonton. Every participating artist will be paid $50 upon completion of their mural.
The Louvre at Century Park 2504 110 Street NW (the old Heritage Mall site).
Saturdays from 10 AM to 5 PM October 16, 23, 30 and November 6, 13
Five Cash Prizes to be Awarded
- 1st $5000
- 2nd $2000
- 3rd $1000
- 4th $1000
- 5th $1000
The experience and networking opportunity is going to be fun. Paint with other artists; create something cool; celebrate and share creativity on social media; and add to your resume. Artists may even be selected to create more murals for the project.
The approximate size of art is 18” x 60” on two or four sides of a primed, concrete pillar in a parkade. The pillars are rectangular in shape and have a definite front and back; sides are not as important. Artist quality, acrylic paints must be used. Participating artists get a 30% discount on any art materials at The Paint Spot.
Theme is art from the Louvre or of Parisian influence. Consider replicating paintings, and drawings. Paint a version of your favorite sculpture, architecture, street scene, or garden.
Application process is easy! Simply complete the online form.
- Upload an example of your work to show the style you will create.
- Upload an image of the inspiration or source idea.
- Upload a sketch or doodle of how your art would fill the pillar.
- Be sure to include your contact information, website, and social media.
- Application deadline is September 25, 2021.
- Selected artists will be notified before September 30, 2021.
Yes, you may enter up to 3 different proposals if you wish.
A Zoom Q&A Session was held on Thursday September 16. Kim Fjordbotten introduced partners; discused inspirational ideas; reviewed scope of project: outlined criteria for judging; and shared suggestions for successful applicants.
- September 25 – Deadline to apply by 12:00 PM
- September 30 – Selected artists will be notified by email.
- October 9 – Participating artists will receive notice of the exact site access, check-in procedures, unloading instructions, and parking. Contact information for site supervisor will also be provided.
- October 16 to November 13 – Productions times are Saturdays from 10 AM – 5 PM
- November 27 – Awards will be announced.
The project is a collaboration between Procura, Louvre Residences at Century Park and The Paint Spot.
Here is a sneak peek at what ideas are already being submitted.