Kama Glow in the Dark Green Powdered Pigment
These glow in the dark pigments are Zinc Sulfide compounds that responds to excitation by daylight, incandescent, fluorescent or ultraviolet lights. This pigment emits a bright Green phosphorescence shade and exhibits high initial brightness and afterglow. The afterglow effect is dependent on pigment concentration, surface area and amount of radiant energy absorbed. Phosphorescent (glow in the dark) pigments, chemically pure and without additives.
Precautions when handling phosphorescent pigments :
- When working with strong acids since this can cause dissolution of phosphorescent pigments.
- In the presence of high relative humidity and sunlight, phosphorescent pigments can exhibit darkening.
- It is not recommended to mill this product, because this will degrade the phosphorescence due to breakdown of the crystal structure of the pigment. Mild stirring should be used to incorporate these pigments into a binder.
- The addition of colorless extenders or colored pigments will reduce the intensity of the phosphorescence.
- Testing is recommended in the intended application to determine suitability.
- Chemical Type: Strontium Aluminate
- 1 min: 9328
- 10 min: 425
- 60 min: 73
- Particle Size in microns (µm): 45-55 µm
- Afterglow Length: 10 Hours
- Color Appearance:
- In the Dark: Yellow Green
- Daylight: Pale Green Yellow
Origin (natural or synthetic): Synthetic
Opacity : Transparent
Chemical family (Kama) : inorganic / phosphorescent
Average particle size in microns (µm): 45-55 µm
Lime compatibility : no
Pigment description: Strontium aluminate based complex molecule that responds quickly to excitation by daylight.
Lightfastness : n/a
Heat stability : 1090 °C
safety data sheets for PS-GD0010.