Nerpa Polymers Medium Viscosity Coating Epoxy
Nerpa Polymers Medium Viscosity Coating Epoxy is the latest addition to their line of Canadian made epoxy resins. This new medium viscosity resin is specially formulated for art, tabletop coatings, crafts, and jewelry applications. It is perfect for those looking for a more fluid and easy-to-use coating resin.
- Nonylphenol-free formula is a safer option for your health
- All raw materials passed the colourimetry certification for unparalleled optical clarity
- Significant bio-based content derived from recycled by-products of bio-diesel production
- Innovative 100% bioglycerol-based viscosity reducer that does not affect cured material properties such as hardness or heat resistance
- Crystallization resistance = no cloudy liquid that can ruin your project
- Made in Canada
Nerpa’s Coating Epoxy Medium Viscosity offers a 1:1 by volume mixing ratio, making it easy and familiar to work with. A working time of 25 minutes, gives you enough time to create your desired effect without stress. Like the original Coating Epoxy, this new product is made responsibly using bio-based content from recycled glycerol.
In addition to its lower viscosity, this resin system also features two-stage UV protection, increased heat resistance, and optical clarity. This makes it a durable and long-lasting option for your projects. Additionally, it has a built-in resistance to blushing (tacky spots and wax-like film on the surface of cured epoxy), ensuring your final result will have a stunning finish.
Use Nerpa’s Volume Calculator to find out how much resin you need for your artwork!
Coating Resin Sizes:
- 0.5L Kit (250ml Resin + 250ml Hardener)
- 1.0L Kit (500ml Resin + 500ml Hardener)
- 2.0L Kit (1.0L Resin + 1.0L Hardener)
- 4.0L Kit (2.0L Resin + 2.0L Hardener)
- 8.0L Kit (4.0L Resin + 4.0L Hardener)
|Mixing Ratio||1:1 by volume|
|1.18:1 by weight|
|Appearance (mixed)||clear, medium viscosity liquid|
|Intended application||Self-levelling coatings, resin art, tabletop and bartop refinishing, small-volume castings (up to 100mL)|
|Mixed Viscosity||1000-1300 cP.|
|Working Time (200mL paint pail)||25 min.|
|Pot Life (200mL paint pail)||40 min.|
|Set To Touch (40 mils thick coat)||15 h.|
|Ready For Sanding||24 h. (depending on the ambient conditions and thickness of the epoxy layer)|
|Hardness||80+ Shore D|
Nerpa Epoxy Resin is made responsibly
Nerpa Polymers uses a complex approach to manufacturing our resins. They employ sustainable methods for producing their resins, such as a zero chemical waste policy with no solvent-free resin manufacturing and equipment maintenance.
Nerpa Polymers Coating Epoxy is stabilized with a two-step complimentary UV protection sequence. It is based on preventing initial damage to cured resin by absorbing harsh UV light and not letting it reach the molecular structure, followed by the second step of neutralization of unwanted radicals capable of damaging the molecular network. Read more about Nerpa’s approach to UV protection in their blog.