At The Paint Spot, we are often asked by artists, “Where can I show my art in Edmonton?” This resource is created to help artists find a spot in a café or restaurant to show their work. It is easy to negotiate space for hanging drawings, paintings, and photographs because it will help create an attractive space. A collaboration of this kind will benefit the business, the patron, as well as the artist.
Tips for showing your art in a café:
Read 16 Tips for Showing Art in a Business for professional advice on how to approach a local businesses to show your art. A professional, organized approach will make it easy for the owner to invite you into their space.
List of cafes and businesses looking for artists to exhibit:
- Block 1912 – 10361 82 Ave., Contact
- Café la Reine – 8927D 82 Ave., Contact
- La Bosco– 10413 79 Ave., Contact
- Take Care Café – 9621 82 Ave., Contact
- Café Bicyclette – 8627 rue Marie-Anne Gaboury St., Contact
- Cafe Mosaics – 10844 82 Ave., Contact
- High Level Diner – 10912 88 Ave., Contact (780) 433-0993, long wait list, prefers big pieces
- Earth’s General Store- 9605 82 Ave., Contact (780) 439-8725, or inquire at bottom of website
- Little Brick – 10004 90 St., Contact sells local goods – mainly prints and apparel
- Grindstone Theatre – 10091 81 Ave., Contact
- Cat Café on Whyte – 10111 82 Ave., Contact mainly sells cards, stickers, pins
- Remedy Café – 7 locations in/around Edmonton, Contact 8331 109 St.,
- Blue Chair Café – 9624 76 Ave., Contact (780) 989-2861, art exhibitions, often have a long wait list
- The Sugarbowl – 10922 88 Ave., Contact
- Ritchie Market – 9570 76 Ave., Contact sells local goods, mostly prints
- Old Strathcona Arts Emporium – 10309 82 Ave., Contact spaces to rent to sell art
- Green Ash Café – 8903 83 Ave., Contact (587) 409-2277
- Maven + Grace – 9601 82 Ave., Contact sell local goods like greeting cards
- The Quiltbag – 10516 82 Ave., Contact, Contact “vendor/consign info”
- Hideout Distro – 12407 108 Ave., Contact (780) 249-8303, sells local goods, mainly prints
- The Rooster Kitchen – 10732 82 Ave., Contact (780) 904-7352
- Roots on Whyte – 8135 102 St., Contact
- Millcreek Café – 9562 82 Ave., Contact
- Propaganda Hair Group – 10808 124 St., Contact
- The Carrot Community Arts Coffee House – 9351 118 Ave., Contact
If you have suggestions to add more locations to this list, we would love to hear from you. Contact Kim Fjordbotten
More Ideas for Showing Your Art
- 15 Tips for Showing Art in a Business
- 12 Tips for Showing Art in a Gallery
- List of Art Walks in Alberta
- Join an Art Club
- How to use Social Media to Sell Art
- How to Join an Art Club?
- Curated Exhibition & Calls for Artists
Kim Fjordbotten: As the owner of The Paint Spot, Kim Fjordbotten is passionate about helping artists use materials and make art. She is available as a speaker and educator for teachers and art associations. The Paint Spot offers exhibitions, classes, and beautiful art materials to inspire your creativity.
Did you appreciate this information? You can help us by purchasing your art supplies from The Paint Spot. We appreciate your business because it helps us keep making these free educational posts. Thank you.