Schmincke Gum Arabic 60 ml
Schmincke Gum Arabic is a concentrated liquid Gum Arabic in a 60 ml glass jar. Gum Arabic is the standard binder for the production of watercolours and gouache colours. This product is dilutable with water and dries to a wiping resistant film, yet remains water-soluble. Gum Arabic improves adhesion of undercoats when added to Schmincke watercolours and gouache colours. It increases gloss, and transparency, as well as the intensity of colours.
- Shake the bottle well before use.
- This Gum Arabic liquid concentrate is ready to use, however it may be diluted with water if necessary.
- The mixing ratio of binder to pigment very much depends on the type of dyestuff or pigment added to it. Our recommendation: Start off with equal amounts of binder and pigment, then add more binder or pigment until it reaches the required consistency. Dried streaks of paint should have a smooth surface and should not come off when rubbed with the dry heel of the hand. The self-mixed colours can be diluted with water if necessary. They are intended to be used as quickly as possible and should only be stored for a few days in screw-top jars.
- The product should only be added to watercolours or gouache colours on a separate palette, rather than in the bottle.
- The product is water-mixable and remains water-soluble after drying.
- Please clean working tools as soon as possible with water or water and soap.
- Close the bottle immediately after use.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Protect from frost. This product cannot freeze.
- Individual pre-tests are required.
Size: 60 ml