Pebeo Setacolor Leather 45ml
Setacolor Leather paint is a complete range of acrylic paint for customizing and repairing leather as well as imitation leather. These ultra-resistant, full coverage and luminous colours can be mixed together and are resistant to scratching. Apply colours in thin, even layers for a uniform result. This unique fabric paint can be used with a brush or airbrush.
To ensure best results, use the Setacolor Leather Primer-Degreaser to prepare the surface before applying.
- Size: 45 ml
- Finish: Satin/Matt
- Acrylic fabric paint specifically designed for leather and synthetic leather
- Resistance to scratches and rubbing*
- Bright colours
- Optimum coverage
- Also available: markers with an extra-fine tip, shades identical to those seen on the bottle
*Approved following a test protocol based on more than 100,000 rubbing contacts.
- Drying Time: Minimum 15 minutes between coats.
- Surface Coverage: 45 ml ≈ 0.5 m²
- Dilution: Use the Pebeo Setacolor Leather Thinning-Lightening medium to avoid altering the paint properties.
- Protection: Use the Setacolor Leather matt-satin or gloss varnish on the work after leaving it to dry for 24 hours. Tip: You can achieve a semi-gloss finish by mixing the matt-satin and gloss varnish together. For a semi-gloss/satin finish, mix 3 parts gloss varnish to 1 part matt-satin varnish.
- Application Tools: Paint brush, paint roller, sponge, stencil brush, or airbrush.
- Cleaning: Clean up with water.
- Storage: Protect from frost and heat. (may not be able to be shipped in winter months)
- Why and how do I apply the Preparer-degreaser auxiliary?
It removes the protective varnish that covers the leather or the synthetic leather, and degreases it. This will enable you to clean the surface thoroughly in order to obtain optimal adhesion of the colours afterwards. To apply it, soak an absorbent paper towel or cloth with the degreasing agent and rub the surface to be prepared. It is advisable to work outdoors or in a well ventilated area.
- Why is it necessary to mix the bottles or shake the markers before use?
This helps to homogenize the product to obtain a more uniform shade or finish.
- Which products are airbrush compatible?
All matt-satin colours, metal effect colours, Duochrome and Fluorescent colours and also the two matt-satin and gloss varnishes are compatible with the airbrush.
Glitter and Phosphorescent colours are not airbrush compatible. Glitter may clog the airbrush nozzle, and phosphorescent colours must be applied thickly to reveal their effect.
- How do I prepare these paints for airbrushing?
The matt-satin, metallic, duochrome and fluorescent colours should be mixed 1:1 with the thinning-lightening auxiliary to achieve an optimal viscosity for better airbrushing. You can raise the proportion of the thinning medium to obtain more transparent colours.