Royal Talens Rembrandt Oil Paint – Lamp Black
Rembrandt Oil colour tube Lamp Black 702.
Rembrandt oil paint has been developed through pure skill and artistic insight and is based on the best raw materials. These extra-fine quality oil colours have a uniform viscosity and are crafted with a high concentration of premium quality pigments that offer the highest degree of lightfastness.
- 40 ml
- 150 ml
- Buttery oil paint with a pasty consistency for a clear brush stroke
- Ground multiple times on a triple roller mill to create an artists’ quality fineness
- Offers a uniform viscosity and the highest degrees of lightfastness
- Available in 120 very pure and intense colours, including 57 mono-pigmented colours
- Skillfully crafted in the Netherlands since 1899
Linseed vs. safflower oil
Besides the pigments used, the binder also impacts the paint’s properties. As linseed oil shows some yellowing over time, it is sometimes replaced by safflower oil, particularly for white paint. Safflower oil is less yellowing, so it is great for use in the top layers of your painting, but it dries more slowly. Safflower oil is therefore less suitable for thickly painted areas or lower paint layers. For the lower layers, we recommend using a white based on linseed oil.