The Richeson Baby Press can be used for a variety of printmaking techniques, including linoleum block printing, collagraph printing, engraving, and etching as well as monoprinting. Richeson Presses are manufactured using quality parts and craftsmanship: heavy castings, steel rollers, and micro pressure gauges. Built rock solid for professionals and priced for artists!
Richeson Baby Press Features:
- Micro pressure gauges for superior control over prints.
- Heavy steel rollers for consistent, even pressure.
- Individually adjustable feet to ensure premium stability!
Please Note: Due to the weight of this product it is considered OVERSIZED and will incur extra shipping charges.
Baby Press Kit Details:
- Gear ratio: Direct Drive
- Handle: two-point
- Plate: 1/8″ thick steel (included)
- Blanket (cushion): 1/4″ × 10-1/2″(w) × 19″(l) (included)
- Bed size: 11 3/4″ (w) x 19 3/4″ (l)
- Max print size: 9.5″ x 18″
- Upper Roll dimensions: 3″ diameter x 10 3/4″ (w)
- Lower Roll dimensions: 1.5″ diameter x 10 3/4″ (w)
- Clearance (w/o blanket): 1 5/16″
- Base dimensions: 13 1/4″ (w) x 11 3/4″ (l)
- Shipping weight: 69 lb
- Item #: 695100
Accessories Included in this kit:
- The Baby Press Cushion is to be placed on top of the Catcher blanket and are used primarily when Block Printing. Size: 10.5″ x 19″ x 1/4″ (included in Kit)
- The Steel Plate is 11 11/16″ x 19 3/4″ x 1/8″ (included in Kit)
We recommend that you use a combination of a pusher, a cushion, and a catcher with your Richeson Baby Press so there is less pressure on the top rollers of the press. Only the Cushion is included in the press kit.
- Pusher Blankets are made from dense, wool felt, and are used on top of the cushion blanket to protect it as well as to reduce the strain on the top roller. Size: 10½″ x 19″ x 1/8″ (avail. separately)
- Catcher Blankets are made from dense, wool felt, and are used on top of the printing paper to catch the sizing as damp paper runs through the press. Size: 12″ x 26″ x 1/16″ (avail. separately)