A new painting surface suited to the demands of contemporary artists – MDF* Rigid with a gessoed surface. These gessoed raised edge wood panels are great for pouring resin, acrylic pouring and mixed media or collage. The rigid surface will not sag under the weight of resin like canvas does. They are also suitable for any acrylic or oil painting.
- Medium density fiber board (MDF) and pinewood.
- Properties and surface: it is rigid, unlike a canvas which is flexible, and waterproof.
- The MDF surface has been primed with a white Gesso coating. It is smooth and non-abrasive, unlike canvas which has a grain-like surface.
- Frame thickness: 38 mm
- Edge height: 3.7 mm
- The Art Panel range of painting surfaces is created to meet the requirements of contemporary artists for painting. Artists are increasingly using mixed techniques in their creations, using markers and liquid products as well as classic paints.
- Applying paint with a brush: the surface, which comes prepared with white Gesso, lends itself to gouache, acrylic as well as oil-based paints.
- Applying paint with a painting knife or spatula: the surface is suitable for generous impasto techniques applied using a brush or spatula.
- Applying paint markers: the smooth surface and rigidity of these gessoed raised edge panels make it an ideal surface for using paint markers, including oil paint markers. The non-abrasive surface preserves the tip of markers so they don’t wear out too quickly.
- Applying paint and other fluid mediums: the 3.7 mm high edge and the waterproof surface of the Art Panel enables paints and other fluids to be poured on without running over the edge.
- Additionally, a fluid varnish or an epoxy resin can be easily applied to finish the piece without it pouring over the edge.