Amsterdam Acrylic Gesso – White
Amsterdam Acrylic Gesso gives you a perfect base for your fine art work by increasing the stability and adhesion, and gives you a perfectly blank canvas. Gesso can be thinned with water and applied either in thin layers or one thick layer to create more texture.
Size: 250 ml
Amsterdam gesso provides a solid foundation to start painting on. It will leave an open surface after drying, allowing for a properly prepared substrate from which to start your work of art. Tint it as desired with acrylic paints to alter the color. This acrylic primer is suitable for use on absorbent grounds that are free of dust and grease, such as artists’ canvas, wood, plywood, hardboard, and cardboard, as well as paper. This gesso is also a suitable foundation for murals.
- Provides good adhesion for acrylic paint, oil paint and gouache
- Thinnable with water
- Color: White
- Suitable for absorbent surfaces that are free of dust and grease, such as canvas (linen, cotton, etc.), wood, plywood, cardboard and paper.
- Suitable as a primer for murals on (alkaline) surfaces such as concrete, stucco and brick
- Can be mixed with other Amsterdam gessoes or colored using acrylic paint
- Waterproof when dry
- Clean utensils with water
- Apply at temperatures above 10° C and store free of frost
Let Amsterdam inspire you – and empower you to push your creative boundaries! Create a solid foundation for your painting with one of the Amsterdam primers. Amsterdam offers various types of gessoes as well as a modeling paste. Gesso will provide you with an absorbent surface after drying, which makes it the perfect base for not only acrylic paint, but for oil paint as well. Amsterdam offers gessoes in white, black and transparent versions. You can either mix these with acrylic colors, or use them on their own to create the perfect background for your artwork.