Golden Glass Bead Gel
Glass Bead Gel is a clear acrylic gel made with genuine glass beads, and offers a unique effect similar to condensation on glass. The effect is best seen in thin films over a light color to allow the glass beads to be illuminated. Artists can use this product to add accents of subtle, light reflecting sparkle. Use for contemporary accents, highlights and embellishments in acrylic painting.
To achieve a variety of effects and expressions in your acrylic projects, reach for this quality medium from Golden Artist Colors. When used in conjunction with your favorite acrylic colors, this gel alters your paint’s working properties and opens up new creative possibilities. This heavy body medium imparts a unique visual effect that holds peaks and appears like beads of condensation, glittering with light and reflection. For a more organic, clear granular look, check out Golden Acrylic Clear Granular Gel here.
- 8 oz
- 32 oz
- 128 oz (contact us to special order)
For maximum clarity and strongest reflective properties, apply as a single layer of beads by spreading and floating the beads with a stainless steel or plastic trowel. If you are using masking tape with this gel, be sure to remove masking tape before the gel has dried. It is very difficult to remove the Glass Bead Gel once it has been applied.
- Water- and UV-resistant
- For use with acrylic paints
- Heavy applications may remain cloudy and not completely clear.
- Stir contents before use.
- Trowel or brush apply in a single coat.
- Apply at temperatures between 50° F & 90° F.
- May be thinned with water, up to 10% by volume
- Test your technique on a practice board before applying
- For interior use only
- We do not recommend roller or spray applications
- Trowel: Use a stainless steel or plastic trowel designed to apply
- Blade: Use any size taping or flexible putty knife for application.
- Brush: Natural white bristle brush preferred.
- Stencils – Apply Gel through a stencil in a single layer with a flat blade. Clean the stencil immediately after use with water. It is difficult to remove once it has dried on a stencil.
Highly dependent on application technique and number of layers.
- Approx. 16 sq. ft. / gallon (128 oz) applied in a full coat by trowel.
- Approx. 100 sq. ft. /gallon (128 oz) applied in a thin coat by brush.
@ 50% RH, 77° F: Touch 3-4 hours. Clear in 12-24 hours. Cold weather & high humidity will slow down the curing time.
Clean your skin and equipment immediately after use with soap and warm water. Let excess product dry before adding to regular trash for disposal. Do not wash the beads down a sink.
Glass bead gel and Gold Acrylic: