Amsterdam Acrylic Black Gesso
Amsterdam Standard Acrylic Black Gesso gives you a perfect base for your fine artwork by increasing the stability and adhesion. This acrylic gesso provides a new starting point for your work. Gesso can be thinned with water and applied either in thin layers or one thick layer to create more texture. This black gesso can be used to create the perfect background for your work. Mix it with your favorite acrylic color to create intense, dark colors or use it on its own for a black base with a sleek matt finish.
Size: 250 ml
- Provides good adhesion for acrylic paint, oil paint and gouache
- Thinnable with water
- Color: Black
- Suitable for absorbent surfaces that are free of dust and grease, such as canvas (linen, cotton, etc.), wood, plywood, cardboard and paper.
- Suitable as a primer for murals on (alkaline) surfaces such as concrete, stucco and brick
- Can be mixed with other Amsterdam gessoes or tinted with acrylic paint
- Waterproof when dry
- Clean utensils with water
- Apply at temperatures above 10° C and store free of frost
Create a solid foundation for your painting with one of the Amsterdam primers. Amsterdam offers various types of gessoes as well as a modeling paste. Gesso will provide you with an absorbent surface after drying, which makes it the perfect base for not only acrylic paint, but for oil paint as well. Amsterdam offers gessoes in white, black and transparent versions. You can mix these with acrylic colors, or use them on their own to create the perfect background for your artwork.