Kama Glow in the Dark Red Powdered Pigment
These glow in the dark pigments are Zinc Sulfide compounds that responds to excitation by daylight, incandescent, fluorescent or ultraviolet lights. This glow in the dark powdered pigment emits a bright Red phosphorescence and exhibits high initial brightness and afterglow. The afterglow effect is dependent on pigment concentration, surface area and amount of radiant energy absorbed.
Precautions handling phosphorescent pigments:
- When working with strong acids since this can cause dissolution of phosphorescent pigments.
- In the presence of high relative humidity and sunlight, phosphorescent pigments can exhibit darkening.
- It is not recommended to mill this product since this will degrade the phosphorescence due to breakdown of the crystal structure of the phosphorescent pigment. Mild stirring should be used to incorporate these pigments into a binder.
- The addition of colorless extenders or colored pigments will reduce the intensity of the phosphorescence.
- Testing is recommended in the intended application to determine suitability.
- Chemical Type: Sulfide
- 1 min: 1700
- 10 min: 35
- 60 min: 0.32
- Particle Size in microns (µm): 25 µm
- Afterglow Length: 1 Hour
- Color Appearance:
- In the Dark: Red
- Daylight: Pale Rose
Origin (natural or synthetic): Synthetic
Opacity : Transparent
Chemical family (Kama) : inorganic / phosphorescent
Average particle size in microns (µm): 25 µm
Lime compatibility : no
Pigment Description: Zinc sulfide based complex molecule that responds quickly to excitation by daylight.
Heat stability : 1090 °C