Speedball Fabric Block Printing Starter Kit 3483
This New Speedball Fabric Block Printing Starter Kit is a great way to get started block printing on fabric. This 7 piece starter kit is especially suited to those wanting to print repeating patterns on textiles.
Do you love creating unique designs on fabric but hate heat setting? Then Speedball’s Fabric Block Printing Ink is for you! Made from a water washable oil, these inks print with bold, opaque color and maintain a soft hand on fabric. Available in 14 colors in 2.5 oz and 5 oz sizes, as well as a variety of kits. All colors carry the AP Seal and clean up easily with soap and water.
This Starter Kit includes:
- 4″ Speedball Hard Rubber Pop-In Brayer
- 4″ x 6″ Speedy-Carve Block
- 1.25 oz Fabric Block Printing Ink Black
- 1 Lino Handle (red)
- 3 Lino Cutters: Small V (#1), Large V (#2) and Large U Gouge (#5)
Fabric Block Printing Ink FAQs
- On what fabric can I print using Speedball’s Fabric Block Printing Ink? Smooth fabric that doesn’t have stretch or a heavy texture are best for use with Speedball’s Fabric Block Printing Inks. Cotton, Linen, Broadcloth and Denim are examples of ideal fabrics. We do not recommend nylon or canvas for use with this ink.
- How long do Speedball’s Fabric Block Printing Inks take to dry on fabric? Speedball Fabric Block Printing Inks will dry to the touch overnight.
- How long until Speedball’s Fabric Block Printing Ink is permanent on fabric? Depending on your climate, we recommend waiting 4-7 days before washing fabric after printing with Fabric Block Printing Ink.
- What does water-washable oil mean? While formulated to possess the working properties of oil-based inks (permanence, tack, etc.), Speedball’s Fabric Block Printing Ink is easily cleaned up with soap and water.
- What is the open time for Speedball Fabric Block Printing Ink? These inks have an open time similar to Speedball’s Water-Soluble Block Print Ink.
- What modifiers are available for these Fabric Block Print Inks? The Speedball Fabric Block Printing Transparent Extender is available for creating transparent color, while maintaining viscosity.
- What surfaces can I use with Speedball Fabric Block Printing Ink? These inks are ideal for printing with linoleum, wood or soft block surfaces.
- What brayers are recommended for use with Fabric Block Printing Inks? Soft Rubber Brayers are ideal for use with this Fabric Blockprint Ink.