Arches Natural White Watercolor Paper Cold Press
Made the traditional way, on a cylinder mould, this Arches cold press watercolor paper has a harmonious natural grain and natural white color. Thanks to this method, the paper fibers are evenly distributed, thus the paper slackens uniformly when wet.
It is composed of long fibers of 100% cotton, thus making a strong, beautiful paper, with a natural, lasting whiteness and an inimitable touch.
ARCHES is the only paper mill in the world to gelatin size its watercolour paper “to the core”. Because of this, the luster and transparency of the colours is preserved whilst paints are prevented from penetrating the paper. It allows superposing of washes and also gives it added strength to resist erasing and scratching without tearing or linting. This also allows paints to be removed, either wet or dry, easily revealing the whiteness of the paper. ARCHES® Watercolour paper can absorb a large amount of water with limited deformation.
- Composition: 100% cotton – Made on a cylinder mould – Sized to the core with natural gelatin
- Textures: cold press
- Colour: natural
- Size: 22×30″ (also available in 16×20″)
- Edges (sheet): 4 deckle edges
- Watermark (sheet): “Arches® France ∞”
- Format: sheet
- Conservation: with alkaline reserve, acid-free, no optical brightening agents (permanent in accordance with ISO 9706), fungicidal treatment to prevent the appearance of mould
- Uses: ideal for watercolour painting, as for all wet techniques such as ink, gouache and acrylic
- Also available in blocks or pads.
For shipping please order 10 sheets minimum. It is easier to package to prevent damage.
Single sheets may be purchased in store.