Made the traditional way, on a cylinder mould, this cold press paper has a harmonious natural grain. Thanks to this method, the fibers are evenly distributed, thus the paper slackens uniformly when wet.
Its composition, with long fibers of 100% cotton, gives the paper its strength, beauty, a natural, lasting whiteness and an inimitable touch.
ARCHES is the only paper mill in the world to gelatin size its watercolour paper “to the core”. This preserves the luster and transparency of the colours, whilst preventing paints from penetrating the paper. It allows superimposing of washes and gives the paper added strength to resist erasing and scratching without tearing or linting. This also allows paints to be removed, either wet or dry, easily revealing the whiteness of the paper. ARCHES Natural White Watercolour paper can absorb a large amount of water with limited deformation.
- Composition: 100% cotton – Made on a cylinder mould – Sized to the core with natural gelatin
- Texture: cold press
- Colour: natural white
- Size: 16×20″ (also available in 22×30″)
- Sheets: 10
- Edges (sheet): 4 deckle edges
- Watermark (sheet): “Arches® France ∞”
- Conservation: with alkaline reserve, acid-free, no optical brightening agents (permanent in accordance with ISO 9706), fungicidal treatment to prevent the appearance of mould
- Uses: ideal for watercolour painting, as for all wet techniques such as ink, gouache and acrylic
Single sheets may be purchased in store.