WITH SALLY TOWERS-SYBBLIS
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 19th
10AM – 4 PM
$90 + GST
CLASS LIMIT 12 STUDENTS
Create 2 whimsical style canvas paintings; one is an impressionistic flower painting, the other is done using a folk-art style painting technique. If you haven’t painted acrylic canvases before, this is a good entry level class. You don’t need any experience. Each painting technique is slightly different.
About the Instructor: Sally Towers-Sybblis is a full-time artist and calligrapher from Red Deer, Alberta. In her classes students are challenged to find their own inner artist by unleashing their innate capacity to create. Her teaching style is one that inspires and evokes joy through the process of creating. Her journey to become an artist began at Grant MacEwan University where she studied Fibre Arts and Visual To learn more about Sally or purchase her book, visit her website: www.sallytowerssybblis.com
Supplies: You will receive a 20% discount on art supplies from your registration until the end of class day!
Student Required Supplies:
- 2 – 9”x12” canvases
- An ultra-fine and a fine black sharpie marker
- A pencil and an eraser
- A palette for your paints (or palette paper)
- A rag
- Acrylic paint: inexpensive paints are fine.
These are the colors you will need: white, red, orange, yellow, green, black, purple, pink, ultramarine blue, phthalo blue
- Paint brushes: a one inch flat, a half inch flat, a round #10, a round #6
Please bring an apron or wear suitable art clothes, your own PPE: gloves, mask, sanitizer. Snack/lunch, drink, & notebook optional
*Artelier Location: 10045 81 Ave. NW (entrance is located in the back alley and is one block south of the Paint Spot)
* Please bring in your proof of vaccination record to show us at the store prior to attending your art class or email a copy of it to firstname.lastname@example.org