SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 5th
10AM – 4 PM
$90 + GST
CLASS LIMIT 12 STUDENTS
Learn how to create beautiful rainbow-coloured faces using Tombow markers as watercolours. In this class, we will create and paint two different faces. One will be a contour drawing and the other will be a sci-fi face. No previous experience is required for this class.
About the Instructor: Sally Towers-Sybblis is a full-time artist and calligrapher from Red Deer, Alberta. In her classes students are challenged to find their own inner artist by unleashing their innate capacity to create. Her teaching style is one that inspires and evokes joy through the process of creating. Her journey to become an artist began at Grant MacEwan University where she studied Fibre Arts and Visual To learn more about Sally or purchase her book, visit her website: www.sallytowerssybblis.com
Supplies: You will receive a 20% discount on art supplies from your registration until the end of class day!
Student Required Supplies:
- 2 pieces of 140lb Canson cold pressed watercolour paper: 7×10”, 11 x 10”
- 1, 7 x 10” piece of mixed media paper
- A set of Tombow markers (the Bright Palette 10-Pack or colours like those colors)
- An ultra fine black Sharpie and a fine black Sharpie
- A pencil and an eraser
- A white Posca Pen 0.7mm
- A good reference photo to draw from. (Instructor recommends ones from hair and make up ad/magazines) You can find some on Unsplash.com. Choose something that isn’t too busy, simple is better.
- A #10 and #4 watercolour brush
- Watercolour Paints: phthalo blue, quinacridone gold, payne’s grey, quinacridone violet, and white or similar colours to these
- Rag or paper towel
- 2 sheets of regular printer paper
- A size .01 Micron Pigma Pen
- A small amount of black gesso or acrylic paint and a paint brush to apply the gesso or acrylic paint
- Please bring your own PPE: gloves, mask, sanitizer. Snack/lunch, drink, & notebook optional. *
*Artelier is located at 10045 81 Avenue NW (back alley entrance) The workshop space is one block south of the Paint Spot.
*Please email us an image of your vaccination record to email@example.com or come to the store in person to show us your vaccination record.