WITH ARLENE WESTEN
Sunday, December 12th
$80 + $20 Supply + GST
CLASS LIMIT 12 STUDENTS
Spend a day with like-minded creatives celebrating this season of joy! Learn to carve a relief print from easy to cut materials and create multiple cards for gift-giving or as coloured prints suitable for framing. Examples will be shown, and participants will come away with a clear understanding of the tools, materials, process, and potential for further printmaking projects.
About the Instructor: Multi-disciplinary artist Arlene Westen Evans brings more than 30 years of teaching experience to her students. Her proficiencies include mixed-media collage, encaustic painting, image transfer, printmaking, papermaking, and various fibre and ceramic art forms. She is perhaps best known for her bookbinding and book arts practice having taught numerous workshops throughout western Canada and exhibiting extensively. Arlene graduated BFA Honors with Distinction from ACAD after obtaining an earlier Visual Arts Diploma from Grant MacEwan College and a Tailoring Certificate from NAIT. Her combined disciplines culminated in a further degree from the University of Lethbridge (Honors with Great Distinction) in 2011 with a focus in Studio Arts and Art Therapy.
Supplies: You will receive a 20% discount on art supplies from your registration until the end of class day!
Students should supply the following:
- apron or clothes that can be soiled without remorse, your own PPE: gloves, mask, sanitizer. Snack, drink, & notebook optional.
- Speedball Safety Cutters (no. 37) Lino cutter with blades
- an HB pencil, kneaded eraser, wooden spoon, paint roller or brayer (unless one wants to share one),
- a roll of wax paper, notebook for design ideas.
- (optional) students may also wish to bring additional papers if they would like to try printing on different paper surfaces
The instructor will supply: Speedball Lino (soft), paints and paint mediums, coloured markers, extra brayers, small tools, disposable items; tape, etc. for each participant.
-The instructor will also supply 5 sheets of white printmaking paper and a few additional papers to sample.
* Artelier location: 10045 81 Avenue, back alley entrance
* we require all students to present their proof of vaccination record prior to attending art classes