WITH SALLY TOWERS-SYBBLIS
SATURDAY, APRIL 2, 2022
10AM – 4 PM
$90 + $10 supply fee + GST
CLASS LIMIT 12 STUDENTS
Learn how to use fabric dyes and inks, with calligraphic mark making to create beautiful hand painted papers that will be constructed into an accordion style book built from scratch.
About the Instructor: Sally Towers-Sybblis is a full-time artist and calligrapher from Red Deer, Alberta. In her classes students are challenged to find their own inner artist by unleashing their innate capacity to create. Her teaching style is one that inspires and evokes joy through the process of creating. Her journey to become an artist began at Grant MacEwan University where she studied Fibre Arts and Visual To learn more about Sally or purchase her book, visit her website: www.sallytowerssybblis.com
Supplies: You will receive a 20% discount on art supplies from your registration until the end of class day!
Student Required Supplies:
- A full sheet of Arches Text Wove paper (25×40”)
- Scissors, pencil, eraser, ruler
- UHU glue stick, double-sided tape
- A small wooden skewer
- A small container of bleach (¼ cup)
- 2 pieces of heavy card or mat board measuring 7.5 x 5.5”
(These are for your front and back covers.)
- Bone folder
- Hair dryer
- A wash brush 2-inch size
- Any other Calligraphic type tools you might like to try and paint or make marks with. They can even be found objects/nature objects.
- Please bring an apron or wear suitable art clothes, your own PPE: gloves, mask, sanitizer. Snack/lunch, drink, & notebook optional.
Supply Fee includes card stock, book elastic, book envelopes, fabric dyes and ink provided by the instructor
*Artelier is located at 10045 81 Avenue NW (back alley entrance) The workshop space is one block south of the Paint Spot.
*Please email us an image of your vaccination record to firstname.lastname@example.org or come to the store in person to show us your vaccination record.