THIS CLASS IS NOW FULL!!!
Instructor: Heather Langdale
Sunday, June 27th
12PM – 5PM
$80 + GST + Supply List
Recommended for Beginners
During this afternoon workshop, students will receive a basic review of working with watercolour paints and how to mix and select a colour palette for a loose floral piece.
Students will receive instruction in expressive leaf and floral shapes and have time for guided practice. We will finish off the afternoon with a discussion of composition and experiment with incorporating pencil, pastel, and acrylic elements into watercolour pieces.
Heather Langdale is a watercolour artist based out of Spruce Grove, Alberta. For the last 6 years, she has combined her background as a teacher with her love of art making and has instructed all ages about the joys of watercolour through workshops, customized paint nights, and individual instruction. Heather embraces the spontaneous and sometimes unpredictable quality of the water colour medium to create whimsical depictions of the world around her. Her teaching focuses on embracing the process of art making and the joy of individual creativity.
Supplies: You will receive a 20% discount on art supplies from your registration until the end of class day!
• You may bring your own brushes and watercolours, if you wish
• Recommended, 2 large sheets of Arches watercolour paper
(22×30 inches, cold press, 140lb) or for value 2 sheets of Strathmore 300 (22×30 inches)
• Recommended watercolour brand, Holbein or for value, White Nights. Choose at least 4 watercolours, 5ml tubes or larger: New Gamboge, Permanent Rose, Cobalt Turquoise, Quinacridone Magenta, Payne’s Grey, Sap Green, Cobalt Blue. Any equivalent range of colours will work!)
• Recommended Brushes, Holbein Gold, size 6 &10 Round or for value, White Taklon sizes 6 &10 Round
• 1 Palette, 5 Well Slant Tray
• Any other media the student wishes to incorporate: pencil, pastel, acrylic paint, for example
• Bring suitable art clothes, hand-/tea-towel, soft cloth, sketch-/notebook, snack, drink and your own PPE (mask, hand sanitizer)