Thursday Evenings, January 6, 13, 20, & 27
$200 + Supply List + GST
(price includes 4 sessions)
Class limit is 12 students
(Some previous experience is preferable but not required.)
Have you been struggling with loosening up your painting abilities when trying to paint florals? In this 4-evening class, Shelly will broaden your horizons with a paint challenge and exercise in each class. Topics covered in the class will include how to arrange your own florals, paint glass vases, work on tinted substrates and why, and how to make your still-life interesting and captivating to get you hooked on floral acrylic painting!
About the Instructor: Shelly is an award-winning coloured-pencil artist who also enjoys teaching indigo dyeing, acrylics, glass painting and how to make beeswax wraps. She loves exploring a wide range of mediums. Her current passion is oil painting as it creates so much luminosity and vibrancy. She has taught for The Paint Spot for over 6 years now – she loves it! See her work here: shellybanksart.com
Supplies: You will receive a 20% discount on art supplies from your registration until the end of class day!
– Eight, 6 x 6 inch or 8 x 8 inch canvas panels or boards (or a combination of both)
– One small (3/8 inch wide) and one medium (1/2 inch wide) bright brushes (synthetic for acrylics)
– 2 inch wide (mottler) brush
– One white and one black charcoal pencil
– 12” ruler
– Titanium White
– Ivory or Carbon Black
– A cool and warm yellow, red and blue each (six in total)
– Alizarin Crimson
– Quinacridone Magenta
– Raw Umber
– Neutral Grey
– Dioxazine purple
– Titan buff
• Bring your own snack, a drink, and your own PPE: mask and hand sanitizer
* Artelier location: 10045 81 Avenue, back alley entrance
* we require all students to present their proof of vaccination record prior to attending art classes
*Artelier is located at 10045 81 Avenue NW (back alley entrance) The workshop space is one block south of the Paint Spot.
*Please email us an image of your vaccination record to firstname.lastname@example.org or come to the store in person to show us your vaccination record.