Sunday, December 5th
$80 + Supply List + GST
Class Limit 12 Students
Recommended for beginners and intermediate artists
Are you on the lookout for new creative stimuli in your acrylic landscape and want to be encouraged to take risks with your medium? Then this class is just for you.
Embark on a journey of discovering Marabu Art Crayons. These amazing and versatile art tools are perfect for acrylic and mixed media artists. In this class Oksana will share her step-by-step process to capture a beautiful, sunny winter scene. You will learn:
– how to simplify brush strokes so your painting stays loose with movement and energy
– understand why and how to use colour temperature and saturation to capture light and shadows
– how to embrace “happy accidents” and learn to be inspired by your own mistakes
About the Instructor: Classically trained in Eastern Europe, Oksana began her art career in L’viv, Ukraine. Oksana studied at the Ivan Trush College of Decorative Arts. She chose to make painting, especially of murals, her specialty. In 2001, she held her first solo exhibition at the L’viv University of Ivan Franko. Oksana brings her training, skill, and passion to her painting, and she is versatile in expressive styles. She is adept at many genres, including portraiture, still life, and landscape.
Supplies: You receive a 20% discount on all art supplies from registration until the end of class day.
- 1, 12”x16″ stretched canvas
- Brushes: a 1″, ¾”, & 3/8” flat brush, a liner brush (size #1) and 3-4 sponge brushes
- Marabu Crayons: terracotta, caramel, lavender, khaki green, cocoa, pomegranate
- Acrylic Paint: payne’s grey, titanium white, cobalt blue, raw sienna, naples yellow, ultramarine violet, red ochre, sap green, neutral grey. (Recommended acrylic paint brands, Holbein, Golden or Amsterdam)
- A big Stay-Wet palette is strongly recommended
- Please bring suitable art clothes, hand-/tea towel, soft cloths for brushes, your own PPE: gloves, mask, sanitizer. Snack, drink, & notebook optional.
* Artelier location: 10045 81 Avenue, back alley entrance
* we require all students to present their proof of vaccination record prior to attending art classes