Intermediate Mixed Media Workshop
WITH JANI GALARNEAU
SATURDAY & SUNDAY
JANUARY 21 & 22
10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
$160 + Supply List
Class Limit: 12 Students
This class is recommended for intermediate artists
So you love mixed media but not sure how to apply it to bigger subjects? Come play and create in this intermediate mixed media workshop with artist Jani Galarneau who will guide you on your adventure in expanding your mixed media repertoire.
There is so much to learn about mixed media and Jani can give you that extra boost of confidence to move forward.
About the Instructor:
International mixed media artist Jani Galarneau is known for her infectious energy and passion for creating. Her modus operandi is vibrant colours with a whimsical style and texture that not only draws the eye, but also makes you want to experience the art by touch. Jani brings her unique style together with many found objects as her passion for recycling and upcycling is key to her work. Currently she is teaching in the United States alongside Disney Legendary Imagineer, Terri Hardin Jackson. You can find her work at art galleries across Canada and at the Royal Alberta Museum.
To see more of Jani’s work, visit her Website and Instagram:
Also check out Jani’s Advanced Mixed Media: Portraits & Landscapes class!
- Reference images of your subject matter – any animal of your choosing
- 8 x 8” or 10 x 10” canvas or birch panel (2)
- Papers, scrapbook pages, and upcycled items you have always wanted to use in a piece
- Acrylic paints
- Matte medium or any other medium you would like to use and learn about
- Brushes (1 flat brush for stencils, 1 very fine, a variety of other sizes)
- Embellishments (buttons, jewelry, keys, etc)
- Gloss varnish
- Suitable art clothes, paper towel or cloths, notebook, lunch, drink, and your own PPE (mask, hand sanitizer)
You will receive a 20% discount on all art supplies from your registration until the end of the class!
Artelier is located at 10045 81 Avenue NW (back alley entrance). The workshop space is one block south of The Paint Spot.