WITH SHELLY BANKS
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22
10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
$80 + Supply List
Class Limit: 12 Students
Come and spend the day painting this adorable scene of a frog on a flower!
Shelly will start off by guiding you on how to grid your canvas and how to sketch the main areas of your piece. You will then learn how to mix colours and apply paint to create a background that blocks in the focal points of your project. Finally, you will learn the techniques you need for bringing out the finer details and finishing your very own frog on a flower painting.
This will be a relaxed and fun-filled class!
About the Instructor: Shelly is an award-winning coloured-pencil artist who also enjoys teaching indigo dyeing, acrylics, glass painting and how to make beeswax wraps. She loves exploring a wide range of mediums. Her current passion is oil painting as it creates so much luminosity and vibrancy. She has taught for The Paint Spot for over 6 years now – she loves it!
To see more of Shelly’s work, check out her website and Instagram:
- Artist quality paints such as Gamblin Oil or Golden/Holbein Acrylic:
- Titanium White
- Lemon Yellow or Hansa Yellow Light or Cadmium Yellow Light
- Phthalo Green
- Cobalt Blue
- Quinacridone Magenta
- Van Dyke Brown
- For oils: Galkyd Lite Medium
- Brushes: Filbert #12 (1), #6 (2), #4 (2), & #2 (1), and fine liner #0 or #2 (1)
- 9 x 12″ canvas
- Light grey pastel pencil and 12” ruler
- Palette: disposable paper palette, wooden, plastic, or glass
- Suitable art clothes, cloths or paper towel, notebook, lunch, drink, and your own PPE (mask, hand sanitizer)
You will receive a 20% discount on all art supplies from your registration until the end of the class!
Artelier is located at 10045 81 Avenue NW (back alley entrance). The workshop space is one block south of The Paint Spot.