Discover Oils: Winter Chroma WITH OKSANA ZHELISKO
12:30 PM – 5:30 PM
$80 + Supply List
Class Limit: 16 Students
For artists at mid-beginner to intermediate levels
Do you find wet-on-wet technique (Alla Prima technique) challenging? Would you like to improve your “bold” approach to oil painting and learn how to create vibrant, harmonial colour combinations without creating mud? This class is just for you!
In this class, you will learn how to create a warm and inviting winter scene without using a pure white colour.
Oksana will also guide you on:
• How to improve your compositions
• How to draw attention to your points of interest
• How to effectively use your paint brush
• How to mix a perfect colour recipe to make your colours pop
• How to create harmony in your painting … and so much more!
About the Instructor:
Classically trained in Eastern Europe, Oksana began her art career in L’viv, Ukraine. Oksana studied at the Ivan Trush College of Decorative Arts. She chose to make painting, especially of murals, her specialty. In 2001, she held her first solo exhibition at the L’viv University of Ivan Franko. Oksana brings her training, skill, and passion to her painting, and she is versatile in expressive styles. She is adept at many genres, including portraiture, still life, and landscape.
To see more of Oksana’s work, check out her Website and Instagram:
Check out more classes with Oksana!
- Artist quality oil paints such as Gamblin Oil (feel free to bring more of your favourite colours):
- Titanium White (or Warm White)
- Ivory Black
- Indian Yellow
- Quinacridone Magenta
- Ultramarine Blue
- Manganese Blue or Celestial Blue
- Cadmium Orange
- Brushes: Bristle flats #2, #4, #6 (2) — please feel free to bring other brushes of your choice
- Canvas 11 x 14″
- Medium of your choice (for example, Galkyd Lite)
- Palette of your choice. Disposable paper palette, wooden, or plastic
- Palette knife rounded tip (metal)
- Suitable art clothes, cloths or paper towel, notebook, lunch, drink, and your own PPE (mask, hand sanitizer)
You will receive a 20% discount on all art supplies from your registration, until the end of the class!
Artelier is located at 10045 81 Avenue NW, Edmonton, Alberta (back alley entrance). The workshop space is one block south of The Paint Spot.
Discover Oils: Winter Chroma Workshop, Edmonton, Alberta