Developing A Series: 5-Day Art Retreat WITH SAMANTHA WILLIAMS-CHAPELSKY
MONDAY – FRIDAY, JULY 17 – 21
10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
$350 + SUPPLY LIST
CLASS LIMIT: 12 STUDENTS
Professional development for artists!
Join Samantha Williams-Chapelsky for a weeklong retreat where we will discuss developing a small, cohesive series of works that all pertain to one concept or idea.
Through discussions, research, and working on studies in a sketchbook, artists will create a small series of artworks that have a common theme, style, and could be continued on to be a strong portfolio of works or gallery submission.
The outcome will be to create 3 – 5 12 x 12” paintings that belong in a series of developing works.
- Day 1: Slideshow, art talk, demonstration, research, and sketchbook exercises
- Day 2: Sketchbook day – developing a working set of sketches and deciding on a color palette
- Day 3: Paint, demo, challenge mini to loosen up!
- Day 4: Paint, demo, challenge mini to loosen up and critique
- Day 5: Finish, Tips on finishing, continuing series and varnishing/finishing touches
About the Instructor: Samantha Williams-Chapelsky is a visual artist working in Edmonton. She is the Golden Working Artist for the provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba. She graduated from the University of Alberta with a degree in Fine Arts and has shown her work nationally and internationally for the past 10 years.
See more of Samantha’s work:
Facebook: Art by Samantha Williams-Chapelsky
Check out more classes with Samantha!
- Mixed media sketchbook
- Real canvas pad (or mixed media papers) for practice work, exercises, and challenges
- Acrylic, gouache, or watercolour paints
- Assorted brushes
- Paper towels, painter’s tape, pencil
- Pens in assorted colours
- 12 x 12” Canvases or panel supports – 3 to 5, depending on how fast you work
- Suitable art clothes, hand towel, notebook, snack, drink, and your own PPE (mask, hand sanitizer)
You will receive a 20% discount on all art supplies from your registration until the end of class day!
Artelier Studios is located at 10045 81 Avenue NW, Edmonton (back alley entrance). The workshop space is one block south of The Paint Spot.
Developing A Series: 5-Day Art Retreat, Edmonton, Alberta