Chiyogami Floral Collage Beginner Mixed Media Workshop WITH SHELLY BANKS
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 18
10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
$80 + Supply List
Class Limit: 12 Students
Any Skill Level – Youth or Adult
Don’t think you can paint? Never tried mixed media? Well, in this class no experience is necessary!
Shelly will start by demonstrating how to quickly sketch the composition onto the canvas. With your chosen Chiyogami, Shelly will show you how to place your pieces to to create the vase, flowers, and leaves. Next, Shelly will show you how to accent with paint to create shadows and depth. Last but not least, she will show you how to use Posca markers to extend your floral design on the canvas.
Get inspired and be proud of creating your own work of art!
About the Instructor:
Shelly is an award-winning coloured-pencil artist who also enjoys teaching indigo dyeing, acrylic, glass painting and how to make beeswax wraps. She loves exploring a wide range of mediums. Her current passion is oil painting as it creates so much luminosity and vibrancy. She has taught for The Paint Spot for over 6 years now – she loves it!
To see more of Shelly’s work, check out her website and Instagram:
Check out more classes with Shelly!
- Floral pattern (for blossoms) (2-3)
- Green (for foliage) (2-3)
- Simple pattern (for vase) (1)
- Uzumaki tissue (optional)
- Heavy body acrylics (Holbein or Golden): Titanium White, Grey V-5, Oxide of Chromium
- OR Amsterdam acrylics (optional): Titanium White, Neutral Grey, Olive Green Deep
- 12 x 16″ or 16 x 16″ canvas
- Bright or flat brush 3/4″ (1)
- Matte gel, scissors, pencil
- Posca marker: Ivory or Beige (3M), Apple Green or Green (3M), Light Pink or Coral Pink (3M or 5M – if working in the same colours as demo – otherwise choose accent colour to match your chosen florals). Shelly will also bring a small selection of Posca markers to class for student use.
- Suitable art clothes, hand towel, notebook, lunch, drink, and your own PPE (mask, hand sanitizer)
You will receive a 20% discount on all art supplies from your registration until the end of the class!
Artelier is located at 10045 81 Avenue NW, Edmonton (back alley entrance). The workshop space is one block south of The Paint Spot.
Chiyogami Floral Collage Workshop, Edmonton, Alberta