WITH ARLENE WESTEN
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 26
10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
$80 + $10 Supply Fee + Supply List
Class Limit: 12 Students
Have you ever created a painting that just didn’t quite make it?
Using simple image transfer techniques and acrylic mediums, Arlene Westen will help you find your way from “Eh?” to “Compelling!”
Students will work from an existing acrylic painting (or blank canvas) that they bring to class and alter it with collage elements and imagery to push it into completion.
About the Instructor: Multi-disciplinary artist Arlene Westen brings over 30 years of teaching experience to her students. Her proficiencies include mixed-media, collage, surface design, book arts, and printmaking.
After graduating from Grant MacEwan University with a Visual Arts Diploma, she earned two further baccalaureate degrees: Fibre Art (Honors) from Alberta University of the Arts, and a Studio Arts Degree (Honors with Great Distinction) from University of Lethbridge.
To see more of Arlene’s work, visit her Facebook and Instagram:
Instructor will provide gel medium, assorted acrylic mediums, freezer paper for palettes, supplementary acrylic paints, and miscellaneous small items including stencils, art pencils, and foil for further embellishment (included in the supply fee).
- An existing failed acrylic painting (preferred) or a blank canvas no larger than 11 x 14″
- A few acrylic paints in student’s choice of colours to work with
- At least 2 high contrast black & white photocopies made on a laser printer (can print at Staples for 10¢ each)
- Paint brushes in a few sizes and a foam brush
- Stencils or stamps and any additional collage elements or embellishment materials that students want to use
- Painter’s tape, scissors, a cellulose sponge, hairdryer to expedite drying time (optional)
- Apron or clothes that can be soiled without remorse, notebook (optional), lunch & drink, and your own PPE (gloves, mask, hand sanitizer)
You will receive a 20% discount on all art supplies from your registration until the end of the class!
Artelier is located at 10045 81 Avenue NW (back alley entrance). The workshop space is one block south of The Paint Spot.