Mixed Media Workshop – 3 DAYS WITH JANI GALARNEAU
FRIDAY, MARCH 17
6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
SATURDAY & SUNDAY, MARCH 18 & 19
10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
$210 + Supply List
Class Limit: 12 Students
This class is recommended for advanced artists
Have you caught the mixed media bug and want to take it further?
Bigger pieces and subjects such as portraits, and landscapes can seem intimidating. No worries – let’s tackle them together!
While this 3-day workshop will mostly be self-directed, Jani will be there with her expertise, advice, and guidance. She will help you gain confidence with your painting and pulling your all your mixed media elements together.
About the Instructor:
International mixed media artist Jani Galarneau is known for her infectious energy and passion for creating. Her modus operandi is vibrant colours with a whimsical style and texture that not only draws the eye, but also makes you want to experience the art by touch. Jani brings her unique style together with many found objects as her passion for recycling and upcycling is key to her work. Currently she is teaching in the United States alongside Disney Legendary Imagineer, Terri Hardin Jackson. You can find her work at art galleries across Canada and at the Royal Alberta Museum.
To see more of Jani’s work, visit her Website and Instagram:
- Reference images of your subject matter
- Any size canvas or wood substrate of your choosing
- Papers, scrapbook pages, and upcycled items you have always wanted to use in a piece
- Acrylic paints, medium, brushes, gloss varnish
- Embellishments (buttons, jewelry, keys, chiyogami, etc)
- Suitable art clothes, paper towel or cloths, notebook, lunch, drink, and your own PPE (mask, hand sanitizer)
You will receive a 20% discount on all art supplies from your registration until the end of the class!
Artelier is located at 10045 81 Avenue NW (back alley entrance). The workshop space is one block south of The Paint Spot.
Mixed Media Workshop