WITH SAMANTHA WILLIAMS-CHAPELSKY
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 5
10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
$80 + Supply List
Class Limit: 15 Students
Using Golden Coarse Molding Paste and Golden Fluid Acrylics, learn how to incorporate texture to evoke a simple yet dramatic landscape.
In this 1-day workshop showcasing Golden Coarse Molding Paste as a fabulous texture for creating unique and refined acrylic paintings, local artist Samantha Williams-Chapelsky will be your guide as you create your very own luscious landscape on 16 x 20” panel.
You will learn about composition, color mixing, adding paste into acrylic paint, as well as application and finishing techniques. For this class, students will be provided with a reference photo to work from.
About the Instructor: Samantha Williams-Chapelsky is a visual artist working in Edmonton. She is the Golden Working Artist for the provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba. She graduated from the University of Alberta with a degree in Fine Arts and has shown her work nationally and internationally for the past 10 years.
To see more of Samantha’s work, check out her website and Instagram:
- 16 x 20” Birch Panel, prepped with gesso
- Golden Fluid Acrylics 1 oz:
- Manganese Blue Hue
- Green Gold
- Nickel Azo Yellow
- Phthalo Green (Yellow Shade)
- Titanium White
- Golden Coarse Molding Paste 8 oz
- 1” Flat Brush
- 1” Color Shaper, Catalyst Blade, or paint/putty scraper
- Plastic Palette Knives (2) – used for mixing molding paste with fluid paint
- Paper Palette
- Paper Towels
- Suitable art clothes, cloths or paper towel, notebook, lunch, drink, and your own PPE (mask, hand sanitizer)
You will receive a 20% discount on all art supplies from your registration until the end of the class!
Artelier is located at 10045 81 Avenue NW (back alley entrance). The workshop space is one block south of The Paint Spot.