WITH OKSANA ZHELISKO
SUNDAY, JUNE 26
12:00 – 5:00 PM
$80 + Supply List
Class Limit: 15 Students
Painting is our reflection and perception of what we see and feel. If you respond to the passion that is inside of you that is when the real painting comes out. In this one-day class you will learn to take inspiration from your own landscape reference photos or sketches and elevate them to a unique, expressive work of art.
You will learn about vibrant colour mixes, strong composition methods, and the importance and evaluation of background versus foreground. You will complete two small paintings in your choice of oil or acrylic. Learn to turn an ordinary landscape into a vibrant colour story of your own!
Getting ready to take your art outdoors? This class will prepare you for en plein air painting!
About the Instructor: Classically trained in Eastern Europe, Oksana began her art career in L’viv, Ukraine. Oksana studied at the Ivan Trush College of Decorative Arts. She chose to make painting, especially of murals, her specialty. In 2001, she held her first solo exhibition at the L’viv University of Ivan Franko. Oksana brings her training, skill, and passion to her painting, and she is versatile in expressive styles. She is adept at many genres, including portraiture, still life, and landscape.
To see more of Oksana’s work, check out her website and Instagram:
Please bring 4 – 5 reference photos or sketches of landscapes.
- Artist quality paints such as Gamblin Oil or Holbein Acrylic:
- Titanium White
- Napthol Scarlet
- Cadmium Yellow Lemon
- Cadmium Yellow Deep
- Payne’s Grey
- Van Dyke Brown
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cobalt Blue
- Raw Sienna
- Brushes (based on Princeton): Filbert Bristle #4 (2), #6 (1), & #2 (1), Flat Bristle #4 (1), and synthetic liner brush #0 or #2 (1)
- Medium: Galkyd Lite or Galkyd (for oil) or Acrylic Gloss medium
- Canvas 8 x 10″ (1) and Primed Panels 6 x 8″ (2)
- Palette: disposable paper palette, wooden, plastic, or glass
- Container for your medium (small cup or yogurt container)
- Suitable art clothes, cloths or paper towel, notebook, lunch, drink, and your own PPE (mask, hand sanitizer)
You will receive a 20% discount on all art supplies from your registration until the end of the class!
Artelier is located at 10045 81 Avenue NW (back alley entrance). The workshop space is one block south of The Paint Spot.