Considering giving the gift of art? Treat your experienced or budding artist to a custom-made selection of art materials. We will build you an affordable kit of beautiful materials to suit the creative person on your list and let them express their imagination. The Paint Spot hosts a number of workshops after Christmas to make sure artists feel confident using their supplies. Everyone can start art. Here are five reasons we believe it is important:
- Create balance and harmony in your life. Creating is a joyful act, playing with colour reduces stress, and busy hands can be a welcome distraction. Remember the joy you got as a kid as played with clay and discovered paints and drawing? Take some time for yourself and capture that happiness again. Best of all? No teacher telling you you’re “doing it wrong”!
- Creative minds are never bored. Do you really want to spend all of your evening watching TV? Art projects make a great after-school or after-work activity. Challenge yourself to try something new to keep your mind active- and impress your co-workers with that painting of the entire cast of Game of Thrones you did. Remember, creativity creates more creativity.
- It is a fun social activity. Take an art class with your spouse and create original artworks for your home. Invite friends over for an arty party and create projects together. Share laughter in your collective inexperience- or gather more creativity and inspiration from your talented pals.
- It bridges the generation gap. Grandparents can create heirlooms with their grandchildren. Plan an afternoon of creative activity. It is the perfect way to spend time together creating memories and sharing laughs.
- Add a tactile activity. Get in touch with the handmade again and unplug from the virtual world. Experiment and play with real materials, and discover the satisfaction of creating something tangible. You will be surprised to discover the spin off effects of improved creativity.
FREE Workshop Coupon (a $40 Value) with a purchase of an art gift over $150.
These classes are perfect for scared stiff beginners who have always wanted to try art but don’t know where to start. We will cover the basics with informal demonstrations and fun projects. You’re just getting started and we’re here to help. Participants are encouraged to bring whatever they have for brushes, paints (watercolour, oil or acrylic) and some paper or canvas. Better yet, share supplies with a friend. RSVP for the day of your choice January 12 or 13 12 pm – 5 pm
For more information, please contact us.
© Kim Fjordbotten (January 2013) As owner of The Paint Spot, Kim Fjordbotten is passionate about helping artists use materials and make art. She is available as a speaker and educator for teachers and art associations.