Naess Gallery is named for Sidsel Naess Bradley, The Paint Spot’s founder. She recognized the need for spaces that promote the exploration of artistic ideas and innovative processes. We are extremely proud of this heritage and its contribution to the development of many artists. Naess Gallery continues to be inclusive, encouraging dialogue among artists and visitors. We welcome proposals for exhibitions that push materials, techniques, subject matter and conceptions.
Next Submission Deadline: August 31, 2016 at 5PM
- Project description/Proposal and an Artist Statement
- Curriculum vitae (artist resumé listing education, awards, exhibitions, publications), Biograph
- Digital images: email 5 digital (.jpg LOW RES) images of works to be included in the exhibition, or works similar to yet-to-be created works that will be in the exhibition. Name digital images with artist’s last name and title of piece. You may provide links to webpages.
- List of other upcoming exhibitions (if any).
You may submit by mail, email or disk.
Successful submissions will be scheduled in cooperation with the artist, who will enter into a contractual agreement with the gallery. In addition, 2 weeks before the exhibition, an email list of ALL exhibition works is needed. Include:
- Artist’s name
- Dimensions (height by width by depth in inches)
- Suggested title of exhibition
- The Paint Spot promotes exhibitions via our website, printed and e-mailed newsletters, website postings, e-mail announcements and store signage. Artists are encouraged to promote their exhibitions as well.
- Works should be delivered in gallery-ready format. Exhibitors are responsible for any additional costs, e.g., additional publicity, insurance or publications such as catalogues.
- RECEPTIONS are optional, and are discussed prior to scheduling. The Paint Spot provides some reception supplies, while the artist is requested to provide all other food and beverages.
- Artists are encouraged to consider participating in related activities, e.g. demonstrations of materials or techniques.
We encourage you to discuss exhibition possibilities with gallery staff. If you’d like a copy of the gallery plan, check the website or ask staff to provide you with one.
Submission Guidelines PDF
SUBMISSIONS OR QUESTIONS?
Contact Shelley at The Paint Spot
780 432 0240
Email: accounts (at) paintspot (dot) ca
Hours of operation: Monday – Saturday 9:30am – 6pm, Thursday 9:30am – 9pm, Sunday 12 noon – 5pm